Tuesday 7 January 2014

River Lark day 2

I spent the evening watching Sherlock on iPlayer as I missed it last on Sunday due to lack of a tv signal and slow internet. This morning arrived with yet more wind and rain - it really is getting a bit much now but at least it's not snowing. By late morning the rain had stopped and I headed up the river Lark towards Jude's Ferry which as far I can take my boat - smaller craft can get a little further.

The Lark is a river of two halves. The stretch from the Ouse to Isleham lock is quite wide and straight having been adjusted over many years starting with the Romans.

Above the lock it becomes much narrower and meanders along a more natural course and is a very pretty stretch of river.

I had intended to moor at Jude's ferry but unfortunately the mooring was very high and would have damaged the boat cabin so I turned around and headed back to a quiet little mooring I had seen on the way down. I am now settled by the fire for the night and will head off this river and onto the Little Ouse tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. The way I moor there is to stand two poles in the riverbed tied to the landing or pushed in the mud, some is softer than others, I then lay the boat against them tied to the landing stage.

    ReplyDelete