Wednesday 22 January 2014

On to Littleport

Just a short update as not a lot has happened. After spending the last few days in Ely I received a warning notice from the local council for staying on the visitor moorings for more than 48 hours and had to move. Many of the 48 hr mooring on the canals are extended to 14 days during the winter months and I forgot that the rivers are not the same. With the threat of a £500 fine I decided not further outstay my welcome and have moved a few miles down river to Litteport. I have to leave at least 48 hrs before returning to Ely which is not an issue, just means I'll be spending money in another town. I'll stay on the mooring here for a couple of days and then move to Denver on Friday and stay for the weekend.

Managed to catch a nice shot of a Grey Heron wading by the bank. This bird can teach you his to stare.

Next week I'll head back up river stopping for a couple of days each in Littleport and Ely by which time the river above Earith nay be navigable, so long as we don't have any more rain.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment