Tuesday 14 January 2014

Back to a Ely again

I spent a couple of days on the Little Ouse and then headed up to Denver to be ready to head through the middle levels if the the Nene looked likely to drop enough to let me get through Stanground before the lock is closed on 20 Jan for a month. Unfortunately the tides at Denver mean a crossing at around 06:00 or 18:00, both of which would mean making the crossing in the dark - no thank you.
So onto plan B or possibly C or D by now. I've moved back to a Ely today. A bright clear morning but definitely a bit of a drop in temperature this week. I was lucky enough to have the camera ready when I saw a Kestrel hovering above the bank. Very pleased as I've been trying to catch this beautiful bird for ages.
Realising that return is not an option I'm hoping the river levels will drop enough to let me move above Earith to St Ives and possibly to the head of the navigation in Bedford as I now have a month to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment