Friday 24 January 2014

24hr Shore Leave

After a short trip up to Littleport I stocked up the fridge while I still had the car and then headed home for a long standing dinner date with old friends. A very pleasant meal was had at Mattoni near Peterborough, which I can recommend. The half shell scallops to start we're delicious, although I think they may have overdone the spirit as the flame was still burning when I finished.
I spent the night at home where I left my car before heading back to Littleport by bus & train. As the busway crossed the Ouse below St Ives I was pleased to see the levels had dropped but there was still a strong flow as there is still a lot of water upstream.
Once back aboard I lit the fire as the temperature aboard was around 2c but quickly recovered to a more comfortable level. I then headed onto the river Little Ouse to visit a boatyard and top up the diesel tank, which swallowed 150 litres, and replaced an empty gas bottle.
An hour later I moored up for lunch at Higay bridge a few miles from Denver and decided to stay here overnight as it is a nice quiet spot with a lovely view down the river. I'll head to Denver tomorrow and stop overnight at Downham Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment