Tuesday 17 December 2013

Christmas Trip Day 1

Unusually for me day 1 went very well. Indeed so well I'm a day ahead of schedule already. I made an early start and got my act together leaving the house by 8:30.  After a quick visit to the supermarket to top up the grog locker,  just in case Paul B descends and drinks all my good wine again.  A detour via Peterborough to deliver my eldest son's presents and then over the the marina by 10:00.

Stocked up on coal, logs and diesel and headed out onto the river at 11:30.  It was a beautiful Winter morning with clear blue skies and only a gentle breeze.


I had the river to myself and enjoyed a lovely day cruising through the beautiful countryside bathed in sunshine.  I covered the 10 miles and 5 locks to reach the visitor moorings at Elton shortly after 3 just as the sun was dropping over the horizon and the chill beginning to return.  Quickly moored up put the kettle on and lit the fire.


Now settling down in my new chairs for the evening. Life doesn't get much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment