Wednesday 25 December 2013

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas.

After the usual Christmas morning rituals of opening presents and sending thank you texts to my children, I'll call them later, I set off for a brisk walk up to the Cathedral which was looking splendid in the bright sunny morning light.

Ely Cathedral

Later in the morning I decided that, as I would be unable to get to St Ives until the river flow upstream eased somewhat, I would head instead onto the river Cam. It was a beautiful sunny day, if a little chilly, and the trip took me through a few miles of lovely open fens.

River Cam

I had intended on stopping on one of the GOBA moorings marked on the map but neither seemed to exist so I carried on  a little further to Upware and moored up on the EA mooring just past a pub with the apt name of  "5 Miles from Anywhere".

Tonight's Mooring
  
After mooring up I put Christmas dinner in the oven and settled down to await the Queen's speech after which I consumed far too much turkey and stuffing before retiring for a much needed afternoon nap. Some Christmas traditions have to be observed.   Just before retiring I took this quick photo of the sun setting on another lovely day on the river.
Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment