Thursday 26 December 2013

Boxing Day

Enjoyed a quiet night on a wonderfully peaceful isolated mooring out in the fens.  Spending Christmas with my children would be top of my list but a place in the country is the next best thing.  As the sun rose the mist cleared from the river and surrounding fens to leave a beautiful still view along the river Cam.

Morning breaking over the Cam

As the weather was dry I decided to move up into Cambridge today to find a suitable sheltered mooring to sit out the next storm which is due tomorrow evening. It was a pleasant trip along the remaining 10 miles of river to Jesus Green in Cambridge.  The river meanders through fenland before passing under the bury A14 and then into the city through Chesterton. The final couple of miles is a mixed picture with the University boat club houses on one side and some rather tatty long term moored boats on the other.

I moored up just below Jesus Lock which is as far up as my boat is permitted. Whilst I would love to be take her along the backs I can fully understand why it is not allowed - although it would be worth it to see the faces of the punters as I appeared on the horizon.

Tonight's mooring.
Jesus Lock - Cambridge

1 comment:

  1. It is allowed, I have done it. You need to speak to Cam Con and they will give you the code to the padlock on the bridge over Jesus Lock. James and Amy will be taking NB.Willow up there on New years Day

    ReplyDelete