Friday 21 February 2014

Moving aboard

I've not updated the blog for a while as, to be honest not much happened on the river.  However, after much thought I have decided to move onto the boat full time and let my house.  The last 3 weeks have therefore seen me driving almost daily between the boat and home emptying the house and filling the boat. Yesterday I completed the job and handed over the keys to the agent and returned to the boat as a full time live aboard boater.

So this morning I set off on the next leg of my journey through life. I left Ely on a beautiful sunny morning and with a final glance at the hill top cathedral headed down the river towards Denver.





After a couple of hours at the tiller I stopped for an early lunch at this tranquil spot.

A further couple of hours saw me arrive once again at Denver sluice. I am booked to go through the lock tomorrow morning and will then head along the middle levels through March and Whittlesey to join the river Nene in Peterborough early next week.  The river conditions continue to improve and the river should be navigable by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment