Tuesday 25 February 2014

Return to the Nene

Just a quick update. Yesterday I enjoyed a pleasantly warm morning cruising from Whittlesey through Stanground lock and onto the river Nene at Peterborough. A major step on the return trip to the canal network. After a trip to Asda to replenish the fridge I had planned to continue to Ferry Meadows but the weather took a turn and heavy rain ensured I stayed put overnight.

This morning I cruised up to Ferry Meadows for breakfast and just managed to beat the next rain front. This lasted a couple of hours and around lunchtime I set of again up river. Progress was slow as the river is still running quickly and I am of course heading upstream. There is still a lot of water rushing through the weirs and sluices which can make lock approaches interesting.

I'm now moored at Alwalton for the night and will spend the next couple of days trundling slowly up to my marina at Oundle.

No comments:

Post a Comment