Tuesday 9 June 2015

A few weeks on home waters

After crossing the middle levels I was joined by Paul who volunteered to double the crew for a day to bring the boat along the Gt Ouse to St Ives. A pleasant day for cruising the river and just what I needed as I was shaking off the black dog. 

During the trip Paul serenaded me with my saxophone, anything to avoid work. 

We moored up by the bridge in St Ives and managed a quick pint in the Robin Hood. 

The weather has been mainly dry but cool with some stunning sunsets and sunrises. 


Since arriving I've spent the last few weeks moored up at either St Ives, Huntingdon and Godmanchester and have been visited by a few old friends including Geoff & Lisa Osbourne, Malcolm Harley and Paul & Debbie Beaumont. It's been a lovely few weeks and given me the chance to recharge by batteries, and my wine cellar, and I'm now ready once again to travel the canals for a few months. 

Im planning to make my way back through the fens to Peterborough and then up the Nene to join the Grand Union canal.

No comments:

Post a Comment