Sunday 31 August 2014

Another month gone by

Just a short update as we reach the end of August all too quickly. It's been a great month catching up with a few friends and enjoying their kind hospitality and good company. The weather has been kind with only a few rainy days and cool nights. I finally made it to the top of the Gt Ouse just above Bedford and am now making my way back towards Denver sluice and the route through the middle levels and back onto the Nene.

I was planning to stay around Ely for a week or two but it's quite busy with hire boats and to be honest, although it's a lovely little city, I saw more than enough during my enforced winter stay. I've moved on to Hilgay bridge a few miles from Denver, it's a nice quiet mooring and is looking lovely in the early evening sun. The wind that has been gusting all day has dropped too.

I must confess that during my Ukulele buying trip I was taken by the Saxophones as I've always loved the sound. I had a return visit last week and am now the proud owner of an Alto Saxophone. I'm not quite ready to audition for the Jools Hollands orchestra just yet but I can at least get a squeaky tune out of it and really enjoying learning.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment