Thursday 3 September 2015

Return to Oundle

After making my way through the Fens via Ely, Denver and March to Peterborough I stopped for a few days to catch up with my eldest son and drag myself round the 5k Parkrun at Ferry Meadows. The sunset at Whittlesey was quite impressive. 

I managed a PB breaking my 40 min target thanks to Steve running alongside pacing me. He was taking it very slowly as he normally runs 5k in the low 20's. In fact I realised afterwards that my pace for 5k is slower than his marathon pace. 


After a pleasant couple of weeks in Peterborough I set off up the river toward Oundle. I stopped overnight at Wandsford station and spent a few hours admiring the steam trains including "Typhoon" seen below which is only 8 years old and was named after the RAF aircraft. 

While there I bought an N gauge model railway kit which I will spend the winter evenings building. Progress will be reported in later blogs. 
The following day I had planned to
Travel up to Oundle but as the early drizzle turned into heavy rain I moored up at Fotheringhay for the night continuing to Oundle the next day. 
I'm now safely moored up at Oundle Marina where the boat will stay while I go to the IoM next week for a fortnight. This combines my annual visit to see my brother and attend my nephew's wedding which I'm really looking forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment