Saturday 29 June 2013

Oundle to Wellingborough

My son Steve drove me to the marina on Saturday to pick up the boat and continue my journey after a short break ashore.

Red Kite

The forecast was good and I left the marina late morning in glorious sunshine. Shortly after leaving the marina I passed a couple of red kites enjoying the thermals. I managed to get a better picture this time. Such a beautiful bird I could sit and watch them fly all day. However, I had set myself the target of getting to Northampton in 2 days as there was work planned on some locks next week and I didn't want to get caught. 





I pressed on passing some lovely countryside before stopping for the night just outside Wellingborough at a mooring alongside the Rushden and Diamonds football club - sadly in receivership.  


The evening was not without incident. While making the bed I managed to catch a fingernail tearing it quite badly. Amazing how much that hurts.  Later while having a shower I ran out of water having forgotten to fill up at the marina. Thankfully I had bottled drinking water.

No comments:

Post a Comment