Sunday 29 October 2017

Once again heading back to Leeds

It's been a while since I posted but I've not been up to much as the weather has been a bit wet and windy. Spent the last 2 weeks moored up at Apperley Bridge on the L&L and having a few trips out on my new electric bike which I'm really enjoying.  I was planning to continue up to Skipton for a few weeks but decided that single handed boating on the L&L it's just too much hard work.  The locks are quite heavy but the real problem is the many swing bridges which are mostly operated from the off side of the canal making it very difficult on your own.  I've decided instead to head back down the canal to Leeds where I'll spend the next month or two moving between Leeds basin and various moorings on the Aire & Calder Navigation.  After Christmas I'll begin the journey back down the river Trent to the midlands before the winter stoppages block me.

Today I had a short 4 mile cruise in the afternoon sunshine from Apperley Bridge to Rodley where I'll spend the night.


 
In the morning I'll make the trip down to Leeds city centre where I'll moor up for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment