Wednesday 16 December 2015

On the move again

I have once again been remiss in not updating the blog for over a month. It really is not good enough. Over the past month I made my way back to Braunston via the Stratford canal, thus completing the Avon ring. And then back along the Grand Union via the 21 lock Hatton flight and Warwick.

Braunston is of course where this wonderful journey began little over four years ago when I bought the Bunbury from Braunston marina. Returning always feels like returning home and so I spent three weeks here. Last weekend I had a trip to visit my wonderful children for the annual dad's birthday and Christmas dinner get-together in York. After a lovely weekend it's time to gain to move on this time a gentle cruise down the South Oxford Canal to the dreamy spires of Oxford itself when I plan to spend Christmas. 
I left Braunston this morning and am currently moored up in splendid isolation in the peaceful countryside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment