Sunday 20 July 2014

Next week - Round the horn to St Ives

Over the last couple of weeks I retraced my journey back to Milton Keynes where I met up with Pete Billings in his boat Hyperion. We spent few days in MK before setting off up the Grand Union to Stoke Bruerne where we stopped overnight and enjoyed a rather good take away from the local Indian, the Spice of Bruerne.
.
Pete with his dog Newfie setting off after a short break on the GU

Hyperion and Mr Bunbury at Gayton junction where we parted company as Pete continued up the GU to his marina while I headed down the Northampton Arm to join the river Nene.

After leaving Pete I had a steady run down the river, stopping for a couple of days at Oundle before reaching Peterborough on Friday. I've spent the weekend catching up with my eldest son and doing a few little jobs on the boat although to be honest it's been too hot to do much.

I'm booked through Stanground lock in the morning and will head across the Middle Levels and should be ready to pass through the Denver lock and into the Gt Ouse on Wednesday. A few more days gentle cruise up the river should see me in St Ives by next weekend. I then plan to spend a few weeks on the river between St Ives and Bedford and anyone in the area is very welcome to pop in to say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment